MRS. B'S MATH SITE
"GENIUS IS NOTHING BUT LABOUR AND DILIGENCE." - William Hogarth
I think Algebra is the most fun subject in the world to learn and teach and the more you learn to use algebra the stronger your mind is and the more expansive your thinking! My goal for the class is that you enjoy as well as learn. Mathematics gives you the ability to think outside the box - to explore and not be afraid to try anything.
Our day will generally consist of these parts:
- Going over the previous day's homework
- WU - warmup - a very quick review generally
- DHQ - daily homework quiz - quick check of previous day
- GP - guided practice for current day's lesson
- Homework time - I try for at least 20 - 30 minutes in class
There is usually a benchmark quiz or test every week and we put packets together at the end of each week. The first day of each week packets come home to be reviewed, signed, and returned by a parent.